Missile, Air Defense, Field Artillery, and Aviation Support
Quantum is recognized as a leader in Missile and Air Defense because of our extensive experience and expertise in both the operational (user) and technical (materiel developer) aspects of Missile and Air Defense. We support the Missile Defense Agency (MDA), the Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Joint Program Office, the Army Program Executive Office – Missiles and Space (PEO MS), the Army Air Defense Artillery School (USAADASCH), and the Air and Missile Defense Battle Lab (AMDBL). We have also supported the U.S. Navy’s Program Executive Office for Theater Surface Combatants and the Naval Surface Warfare Center – Dahlgren Division in assessing Naval Ballistic Missile Defense capabilities and requirements.
As subject matter experts, Quantum personnel are frequently asked to participate in Government and professional association symposiums and committees, teams, and workshops that address various aspects of Missile and Air Defense. Similarly, we also are asked to collaborate on briefings and articles written for defense publications.
Our core capabilities in the Missile and Air Defense area include the following:
- Analyzing the Missile and Air Defense threat spectrum and developing effective operational concepts for employment of available resources to accomplish assigned missions.
- Performing Missile and Air Defense architecture and weapon system analyses.
- Identifying shortfalls and potential improvement opportunities in Missile and Air Defense organizations, weapons systems, and associated C4I systems.
- Developing requirements for new or revised capabilities to resolve shortfalls and/or capitalize on potential opportunities.
- Leveraging in-house modeling, simulation, and assessment capabilities to validate and illustrate the effectiveness of proposed solutions.
- Developing, reviewing, and providing recommendations for improvements in tactics, techniques, and procedures for Missile and Air Defense units in the planning, operation and employment of weapons and C4I systems.
- Analyzing program development schedules and budgets to identify potential problem areas and develop recommended solutions.
- Designing, monitoring and analyzing results of Missile and Air Defense system tests and evaluations with particular emphasis on evaluating interoperability among Missile and Air Defense systems of all Services.
- Developing and evaluating Missile and Air Defense operational architectures and designing the requisite system architectures to implement the operational requirements effectively.
- Assessing advanced technologies for potential use in current and future Missile and Air Defense systems.
- Conducting Cost and Operational Effectiveness Analyses (COEAs) / Analyses of Alternatives (AoAs) of Missile and Air Defense systems.
- Developing plans for integrating the various Missile and Air Defense systems.
EXAMPLES of Quantum's AMD support includes:
- GROUND BASED MISSILE DEFENSE JOINT PROGRAM OFFICE SUPPORT
- U.S. ARMY AIR DEFENSE ARTILLERY SCHOOL (USAADASCH) SUPPORT
- AIR AND MISSILE DEFENSE BATTLE LAB (AMDBL) SUPPORT
- MISSILE DEFENSE NATIONAL TEAM B SUPPORT (as a subcontractor to Lockheed Martin)
- CRYPTO MODERNIZATION
- TRADOC CAPABILITY MANAGER – UPPER TIER SUPPORT
- BALLISTIC MISSILE DEFENSE SYSTEM (BMDS) SUPPORT
- QUICK RESPONSE MISSILE DEFENSE (MD) ARCHITECTURE STUDIES
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT TO THE SENTINEL PRODUCT OFFICE